Argentina played against Estonia in the ongoing International competition, and during the match, Lionel Messi scored five (5) goals for his national team, leading Argentina to victory against Estonia. With such a feat recorded, he added to the number of goals scored in Men’s International Football, and thus, he became the 4th player with the most goals scored, beating Ferenc Puskas’ record of 84 goals.
However, this isn’t the first time Messi will be achieving such an incredible feat. In the 2011/12 Champions League Round of 16, Messi scored five (5) goals in a match while playing for Barcelona against Bayer Leverkusen. This seems to be the first time he would score 5 goals in a single game in his football career.
However, Messi is not the only player in football history to score 5 goals in one game; rather, 5 other players have created the same record while playing for their respective teams. Thus, we will be looking at the other 5 players who have achieved this incredible feat over the years.
Below are the five (5) players in descending order:
5. In 2017, Cristiano Ronaldo scored 5 goals for Real Madrid against Espanyol, recording 6-0 in the match.
4. In 2015, Robert Lewandowski scored 5 goals against Wolfsburg in just nine (9) minutes; and this seems to be one of the most underappreciated moments in football. The match ended 5-1.
3. Sergio Kun Aguero single-handedly scored 5 goals for Manchester City against Newcastle in 2015, ending the game with 6-1.
2. Radamel Falcao scored 5 goals in a La Liga game while playing for Atletico Madrid against Deportivo La Coruna in the 2012/13 football season. The match ended with a 6-0 win for Atletico Madrid.
1. In 2010, while playing for Manchester United, Dimitar Berbatov scored 5 goals against Blackburn Rovers, ending the game with a 7-1 win for Manchester United.
Hence, these are players who have single-handedly scored 5 goals in a single match for their respective teams; and these are part of the beautiful moments recorded in football history.
What do you think about these players? How well can you rate them? Which of these matches/games did you watch?
Content created and supplied by: Jay Wasinda (via Juliemariosblog SportsNews)
For more legit sports updates, visit Juliemariosblog to get the latest trending sport news
Please do subscribe to our newsletter for more updates.