In this article, you will discover the SS1 Home Management Scheme Of Work for first term, second term and third term.
FIRST TERM HOME MANAGEMENT FOR SS1
The first week is for revision of J. S. S. Work and registration of students.
WEEK 2: MEANING, IMPORTANCE AND STEPS IN HOME MANAGEMENT.
1. Meaning, importance and steps in home management.
2. Planning, organization, implementation and evaluation.
WEEK 3: DECISION MAKING AND MOTIVATIONS FOR HOME MANAGEMENT.
1. Decision making, meaning, importance, types and steps in decision making.
2. Motivation: meaning and types, values, needs, goal and standards.
WEEK 4: FAMILY RESOURCES
Meaning, importance, characteristics and classification of resources: human, material and environment.
WEEK 5: MEANING AND TYPES OF FAMILY AND FUNCTIONS OF THE FAMILY.
Meaning of family: Types of family and function of nuclear, extended and polygamous, function of the family as a whole; function of each family member father, mother and children.
WEEK 6 THE FAMILY LIFE CYCLE.
1. Meaning and stages of family life cycle.
2. Characteristics and problems of each stage of family life cycle e.g beginning expanding and contracting.
WEEK 7 FAMILY RELATIONSHIP
1. Husband/Wife, parents/Child, Sibling/Sibling.
2. Factors influencing family relationship and ways of strengthening them.
WEEK 8 FAMILY CRISES
1. Meaning and different types, arrival of new born baby, accident, death divorce etc.
2. Ways of handling crises in the family.
WEEK 9 FAMILY VALUES
1. Meaning, types and importance of family values.
2. Factors that influence value system and ways of teaching values in the family.
WEEK 10 COMMUNICATION IN THE FAMILY.
1. Meaning, components and roles of communication in the family.
2. Factors that hinder and ways of strengthening communication in the family uses of ICT.
SECOND TERM HOME MANAGEMENT
WEEK 1: REVISION
Revision of last terms examination questions.
WEEK 2: CONFLICT RESOLUTION IN THE FAMILY.
Meaning, causes and ways of resolving family constraints.
WEEK 3: FOOD NUTRIENTS.
Meaning, types, functions and sources of nutrients.
WEEK 4: NUTRITIONAL NEEDS OF THE FAMILY MEMBERS AND MEAL PLANNING.
1. Different groups and the characteristics of the different groups in the family.
2. Nutritional needs of the different groups in the family, balanced diet.
3. Factors influencing and guidelines for meal planning and menu writing.
WEEK 5: COOKING EQUIPMENTS, UTENSILS AND TABLE WEAR.
1. Types, uses, maintenance and cleaning of cooking equipment, utensils and table wear.
2. Factors to consider in selecting cooking equipments, utensils and table wear.
WEEK 6: COOKING TERMS AND TECHNIQUES/METHODS.
Guidelines for using various techniques/methods and preparations of any simple dish.
WEEK 7: MEANING, TYPES AND FUNCTION OF CLOTHING.
Meaning, types and functions of clothing.
WEEK 8: HOUSEHOLD LINEN AND TEXTILES.
1. Meaning, functions and chance of household lumen.
2. Origin, types, characteristics and properties of textiles and test for identification of fibres.
WEEK 9: FABRIC CONSTRUCTION.
Fabric construction methods — Characteristics and techniques e.g weaving, knitting, crocheting, felting, branding, etc. There should be practical work.
WEEK 10: WARDROBE PLANNING.
Functions, guidelines for the use and steps involved in planning wardrobes.
THIRD TERM HOME MANAGEMENT
WEEK 2: FAMILY HOUSE, CHOOSING A FAMILY HOUSE.
1. Importance, types, functional areas and ways of securing a family linens.
2. Factors influencing the choice and design of a family house.
3. Guidelines for choosing a family house.
WEEK 3: SETTING UP A HOME.
1. Difference between a house and a home and the types of different functional areas of a home.
2. Guideline for arranging furniture and fixture in different functional areas of the home e.g sitting room, bedroom, kitchen, etc.
WEEK 4: CONSUMER EDUCATION.
Meaning and importance of consumer education.
WEEK 5: RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONSUMER AND CONSUMER INFORMATION.
1. Right and responsibilities include: to be informed, spending or consuming or investing wisely and awareness creation.
2. Sources and uses of consumer information.
WEEK 6: TIME MANAGEMENT.
Time as a resource pattern of time, uses, process and guidelines of time management.
WEEK 7: ENERGY MANAGEMENT.
1. Energy: meaning, advantages, guidelines and application of management processes to energy use.
2. Fatigue: meaning, types, prevention.
3. Linking energy to time management and factors that affect energy use.
WEEK 8: WORK IMPLICATION.
Area of focus are: meaning, advantages, guidelines, principles, worker, equipment, work place, ways of achieving work simplification. Application of work simplification, and principles of specific household task e.g meat preparation and laundry.
WEEK 9: HUMAN SKILLS DEVELOPMENT.
1. Meaning and types e.g Enthusiasm courage zeal.
2. Importance and ways of developing human skills.
WEEK 10: SOCIAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT.
1. Meaning and types e.g communication, respects, etc.
2. Importance and ways of developing social skills.