In this article, you will discover the SS1 Tie and Dye scheme of work for first And Craft term, second term and third term.
TIE AND DYE CRAFT
WEEKS 1-3: COLOUR THEORY
Colour theory and colour identification such as primary, secondary, tertiary, harmonious and monochrome colours.
WEEKS 4-5: FORMATION OF MOTIFS
1. Formation of motif e.g Local motif (cultural motif), floral motif, geometric motif, stylized motif, animated motif and abstract shapes.
2. Arrangement of motif and creation of patterns in rhythm form on cardboard.
WEEK 6: INTRODUCTION TO TIE AND DYE
1. Types of Tie and dye e.g folding, knotting, pleating, stitching, twisting, marbling, circle folding and sewing.
2. Materials and tools for tie and dye e.g Raffia 100% cotton. Dye stuff, chemicals, indigo linen thread, water bowl and twine.
WEEKS 7-8: INTRODUCTION TO TIE AND DYE (const.)
1. Stages of preparation e.g washing and drying fabric before tying.
2. Practicing folding on paper and tie the folded fabric.
WEEK 9: INTRODUCTION TO PLAIN DYING OF FABRICS
1.plain dying and difference between tie dying and plain dying.
2. Materials and tools for dying plain fabric such as assorted colour of Die stuff, caustic soda and hydrosulphite, plain yards, plastic bowl, gloves, stove, etc.
Dying procedures which include: preparation of plain materials for dying and preparation of dye bath as well as dying and finishing.
SECOND TERM TIE AND DYE CRAFT
WEEKS 2-3: SAFETY PRECAUTION IN DYING
Safety precaution in dying and uses of nose and mouth masks while dying as well as labeling of chemicals.
WEEKS 4-5: SAFETY PRECAUTION
Storage of dye and chemicals and disposal of disposable.
WEEKS 6-7: SAFETY PRECAUTION
Handling of electric appliances, washing of hands and rubbing of pomade.
WEEKS 8-10: SAFETY PRECAUTION
Importance of safety precaution, easy identification of chemicals and keeping the hand from direct contact with the chemical as well as prevent inhaling of chemicals.
THIRD TERM TIE AND DYE CRAFT
WEEKS 2-4: MARBLING BY SQUEEZING METHOD
Types of marbling: Marbling by squeezing (one colour) and Marbling by two colours.
WEEKS 4-5: MARBLING BY SQUEEZING METHOD
Materials and tools for marbling:-
Dye stuff, Chemicals, Caustic soda and hydrosulphite, Water, nylon, etc.
WEEKS 6-7: MARBLING BY SQUEEZING METHOD
Stages of marbling:-
Preparation of materials for marbling and dye both for marbling (one colour) as well as marbling and finishing using one colour.
WEEKS 8-9: MARBLING BY TYING METHOD (TWO) COLOURS
Marbling by tying
1. Types of tying methods e.g Knotting, folding, pleating, etc.
2. Materials and tools for marbling by tying methods such as Fabric, Dye stuff, Chemicals, Water, Speed flat and Nylon sheet.